|2015 Super stock 4 RULES
1) VEHICLE DESCRIPTION
1. Any American or foreign production economy sedan, coupe, station wagon or pick-originally equipped with a
four cylinder engine. No all-wheel drive, rear or mid-engine cars. Maximum wheelbase is 100.5" Exceptions to the
wheelbase rule may be made on some stock mini-trucks that may exceed the 100.5" limit.
2. Vehicles must be completely stripped. No factory interior, no chrome, absolutely no glass anywhere, no lights etc.
2) ENGINE, CARBURETION, IGNITION
1. Water cooled in-line four cylinder production engines only.
2. 2600cc Maximum Displacement.
3. OEM heads and blocks only. Crossbreeding of head, block and internal parts is allowed if they can be bolted
together without alteration.
4. Cylinder Head porting and polishing permitted.
5. Two Valves per cylinder Maximum.
6. Single Camshaft only. Camshaft specs open.
7. Roller Rockers or roller Cams not permitted. Adjustable Cam devices OK.
8. Valve Springs, Retainers and valve size open.
9. No Titanium Permitted anywhere in valve train.
10. No purpose Built race engines, i.e. Cosworth, Indy, etc.
11. Header will be allowed. Cockpit Exhaust OK if shielded from driver. No exhaust may invade driver’s side of
12. Stock or aftermarket pistons may be used.
13. Connecting Rods must be ferrous.
14. No Dry Sump oiling. No external pump oiling. Stock, homemade or aftermarket wet sump pans allowed.
15. Must use a single Two Barrel downdraft Carburetor that flows less than 501 CFM. A stock, modified or
aftermarket intake manifold is OK.
16. There shall be at least two throttle springs on the carburetor. Each of them shall be able to close the throttle
without the other one.
17. Fuel injection, turbo charging or supercharging shall not be allowed. Vehicles originally equipped with fuel
injection must be adapted to run a carburetor.
18. Ignition will be stock or aftermarket. No magnetos. Distributors may be locked out for advance system.
Aftermarket coils allowed. Any type distributor may be used.
19. Vehicle must weigh at least 1 lb. per cc of engine being used including driver after race. (2300cc engine
vehicle must weigh 2300 lbs at post tech inspection.) No adding weight or fliuds after race. Engine cc must be
written on hood. Tube chassis cars are 1.25 LBs per CC
3) DRIVE TRAIN & BRAKES
1. Single Disk, Stock Appearing Clutch only. - No Ram couplers etc. - No direct drive. - Automatic Transmissions
must have a functional OEM torque converter.
2. Stock, lightened or aftermarket flywheel OK, Aluminum flywheels permitted. Must be stock diameter for block
3. A 180 degree Scatter shield must be installed underneath or over the floorboard using a minimum 1/8 inch steel
plating to protect the driver’s legs.
4. Driveshaft must be painted white. No aluminum Driveshaft’s.
5. Rear-end shall be stock type only. Make and model of reared may be changed.
6. No aftermarket or quick-change rear ends allowed.
7. Open, Limited Slip, Welded or otherwise locked rear ends shall be allowed.
8. Must have working brakes on at least three wheels. Locking the rear-end does not constitute as one brake.
9. Adjustable brake proportioning valves OK. Pedals open.
10. In-cockpit steering may be modified to suit driver’s taste, but must be kept on the left side of the cockpit. No
4) ROLL CAGE CONSTRUCTION
1. Shall be at least a six-point cage with four uprights connected at the top.
2. Main Cage must be constructed of 1-1/2" diameter tube with .095" wall minimum. Shall not consist of black iron
or galvanized pipe.
3. Must completely enclose the driver.
4. Minimum of 3 Horizontal door bars on Drivers side and 2 Door bars on passenger side. Driver’s door must be
plated with a minimum 18 gauge.
5. Roll Cage Must secure to the frame or floor pan on unibodies cars by welding solidly around each upright bar or
by welding each upright bar solidly to a 4" X 4" by 1/4’ plate then welding or bolting this plate solidly to the floor.
6. Gusseting on all bar junctions recommended.
7. Roll cage must have a vertical bar in front of windshield.
8. Roll bar padding is mandatory where driver can come in contact with the cage. All roll bar padding in driver’s
compartment must be fire retardant.
5) BODY, FRAME & SUSPENSION
1. Frame must remain stock OEM. Stock Frame and unibodies may be reinforced with steel tubing front to rear
subject to techman approval. Tube chassis car is permitted at 1.25 LB per CC. ***Tube chassis cars must use an
OEM crossmember and the OEM upper, lower control arms, spindles For crossmember being used.
2. Must use OEM control arms and spindles in front suspension.
* Weight Jacking devices are allowed. No cockpit adjustable weight jacking devices allowed.
3. Any shocks may be used including coil overs. May be relocated to a better location. One shock or strut per
4. Suspension mounting points may be altered but suspension must mount in the stock manner for the chassis
being used. * A stock type 3 link that mounts to stock lower chassis mounts may be used. upper link must be solid.
no floating suspension components allowed.
5. Stock or aftermarket bodies OK. Minimum 22 gauge steel or aluminum body, hood and roof panels. No
fiberglass bodies. Fiberglass roof OK. Body must be firmly attached to secure mounting points. Aftermarket
nosepiece of plastic, fiberglass or rubberized materials OK.
6. No aerodynamic air dams, wings etc. Subject to techman approval.
7. Spoilers OK. Limited to 6" in height as measured off the top of deck lid.
8. Nerf Bars OK provided that they are no farther than 2" from body of the vehicle. Ends must be bent in to prevent
9. Drivers compartment must be safely sealed from the engine bay, fuel cell and exhaust. Right side of driver’s
compartment may be boxed off to allow the exhaust system in this area.
6) TIRES & WHEELS
1. Any type steel wheel with a maximum of 8". Any offset allowed.
2. Bead lock permitted on right rear only.
3. DOT Radial tires or Hoosier oval track DOT/ HTW dirt or American Racer Passenger performance tire intended
for 8" or under wheel. (medium compound or harder). NOTE: These tires below are all legal with a medium or hard
compound. If a street tire is used it must be intended for street use only are allowed with 8.0" plus or minus 1/4
inch leeway tread width. Any other race tire being used must be intended for ministock and shown by
manufacturer as a medium compound or harder made for 8" or under width wheel.
OVAL TRACK D.O.T. DIRT
4. No spiked or studded snow tires. No heavy lug snow tires allowed.
5. Grooving and sipping permitted.
6. 1" lug nuts recommended
8. Wheels spacers must not exceed 1" thick.
9. Tires must not protrude more than 2" past body work.
10. Any chemical substance which alters the tire(s) factory traction characteristics (e.g. - tire softener) is not
1. Premium Pump or race gas only. No Methanol, nitro methane or E85.
2. Racing Fuel cell required.
3. Racing Fuel Cell and containers may extend below the trunk floor but must be contained in a fully enclosed box
made of minimum 20 gauge steel. Maximum 16 gallons.
4. Any fluid transfer through the cab must be shielded from the driver. Subject to tech approval.
5. Vehicles running and electric fuel pump must have a shut off switch for easy access.
6. A positive locking filler cap must be used. Breather vents must be designed so that fuel will not escape if vehicle
is upside down.
|Mod Mini Rules