|2013 Pro Stock Rules
1. The center of the forward most plug hole shall be no further back than the upper ball joint centerline.
2. Engine must be cast iron with exception of intake and exhaust manifolds.
3. Single plane intakes ok.
4. No Zoomies, or 180’s.
5. OEM cast iron block.
6. Any cast iron head allowed.
7. Electronic ignitions ok.
8. Maximum 800 cfm carburetors. No exotic carburetors including, but not limited to, Predators and Dominators, etc.
9. Minor radiator protection is allowed and must be made of same roll bar material.
10. No dry sumps.
11. All cars are subject to inspection at ANY time and may require the removal of some components.
1. OEM Transmission only.
2. No competition transmissions.
3. No ram couplers.
4. Must have functional torque converter or clutch, 5.5 inch minimum.
BODY & SUSPENSION
1. Minimum wheelbase of 104, maximum deviation side to side of one (1) inch.
2. Car must have a minimum weight of at least 3000 lbs. with driver after main event.
3. Steel and aluminum after market bodies ok. Subject to tech approval. Performance bodies are ok.
4. Body height from center of rear tire to center of front tire can have no more than a two (2) inch drop.
5. Spoilers allowed but not exceeding six (6) inches in height as measured from top of deck. Spoiler side and center supports can be
no longer than twenty-four (24) inches.
6. Driver must sit within one (1) foot of the original position. Driver cannot be sitting over driveline.
7. Front clip does not have to match engine.
8. Suspension must be OEM, but attachment points can be modified.
9. Heim joints ok in front steering, pan head, torque are, rear trailing arms and shocks.
10. No bird cages or Z links.
11. Driver must not be able to adjust suspension from inside the car.
12. Spindle, rotors and calipers must be OEM or OEM replacements. Aluminum calipers ok.
13. Pan hard bar must be a minimum of eighteen (18) inches, measured from center of hemi to center of heim.
14. Racing shocks can be used and re-mounted but cannot be coil over type. Weight jacks or coil over eliminator ok.
15. No more than five (5) shocks per car. Four (4), one for each tire and one (1) for the rear end dampener.
16. Steel non-adjustable, while bolted on car. Tubular upper control arms with heims ok.
17. Rear differential may be full float, no cambered rear ends.
18. Ford nine (9) inch rear-ends ok.
19. No camber, quick-change or aluminum housing.
20. Steering quickeners ok.
TIRES & WHEELS
1. Tires must be NO wider than 10.5 inches.
2. Tire may not protrude more than four (4) inches past the bodywork.
3. One bead lock allowed.
4. Any steel wheel allowed. No spacers wider than one (1) inch allowed.
5. Wheel stud threads must protrude from lug nuts. 1 inch lug nuts mandatory.
6. Bleeder valves ok.
7. No tire softening of any kind allowed.
For Safety Requirements (helmet, driver gear, belts, window nets, etc.) refer to the General Rules.
1. The roll cage shall be constructed using 1.50 or 1.75 inch outside diameter steel tubing or greater with a minimum wall thickness .
095 inches. No tubing on the car can be greater than 2 inches in diameter. Six point cage consisting of four-point center section and
“kicker bars”. Kickers may be “X” braced. Center section of cage must consist of main hoop with “X” bracing and halo that clears
the driver’s head when he/she is strapped in with his/her helmet on. The four points of the cage center section must be securely
welded to the car’s frame rails or mounted on a steel 4x4 pads welded to unibodies. Windshield bar required. A minimum of three
driver’s side door bars are required to be plated with at least 18 gauge metal plating. Passenger side “Z” bracing required-minimum.
Driver and passenger doors may be gutted as necessary to fit the cage. Doors must be securely fastened, if running two (2) seats;
passenger side needs to be the same requirements as driver’s side door.
2. Front cage hoop permitted. Inner fender wells may be removed.
3. Roll bar padding is mandatory where driver can come in contact with the cage. All roll bar padding in driver’s compartment must
be fire retardant.
4. Nerf bar may extend up to 2” beyond factory body and must terminate inward and contain no sharp edges.
5. Every cage must have at least one halo bar.
1. Each race team must have a fire extinguisher in or on the trailer or rear of the tow vehicle. Must have car # painted on it and
accompany driver to pre tech.
2. Fire extinguishers must be visible and accessible.
3. In-car fire extinguishers must be securely mounted. If not secure, it will need to be remounted or removed. No zip-tied
1. Drive shaft loop required.
2. Drive shaft must be painted white and kept clean and have car number on it.
1. Fuel cell is mandatory. Must be located in trunk mounted securely. If fuel cell is below the car it must be surrounded by 18 gauge
steel. Pickup trucks must use a metal enclosed fuel cell mounted securely in the bed area between the frame rails. Metal enclosed fuel
cells must use no greater that ten (10) gauge steel bar/material. No more than three (3) foot of rubber hose on fuel system may be
hooked to stock fuel line. Must have ground strap.
2. Each fuel cell must be fuel tight and have a functional roll over valve.
3. Fuel cell must be mounted by at least 2- 2X1/4” steel strap completely surrounding the cell.
4. If fuel cell is plastic, it must have 18 gauge steel covering the lower half.
5. Fuel system must not contain over 3 feet of rubber hose.
6. Only steel fuel filters are to be used. No plastic or glass filters allowed.
7. Fuel transfer must not be the lowest point of the vehicle. Fuel line must not touch the ground at anytime. Fuel cells must have a
ground clearance of at least 10”.
8. Race fuel & Methanol ok.
9. Must have ground strap on fuel cell.
10. All exhaust systems must exist outside or beyond car body. No exhaust components are allowed in drivers’ compartment.
If running two-seater, passenger side must be same as driver’s side.
1. Driver’s compartment must be sealed from engine and fuel cell by at least an 18 gauge steel sheet. Driver must do everything
possible to keep the driver’s compartment completely sealed off from the engine and trunk area.
2. All batteries must be securely mounted.
3. One battery only. If mounted in the driver’s compartment, battery must be mounted in a container as to provide protection from a
battery acid spill in case of a rollover. Subject to tech approval.
4. Any fluid transfer through cab must be double walled steel and securely fastened and to be shielded from the driver. Subject to
5. No loose objects in the cab.
6. A battery kill switch is MANDATORY and switch must be in the reach of the driver and Safety Crew.
7. Electric fuel pumps ok but must have function oil pressure switch or inertia switch MANDATORY.
8. No mirrors allowed.
9. At least one steel vertical support and steel mesh strong enough to support 150 pounds is MANDATORY to replace windshields
and go from pillar to pillar.